Monday, February 5, 2007

Trouble finding a cake...

My mom, Craig (the event planner and caterer), and I tasted cakes a few weeks ago when I went to Maine to work on the wedding plans. I have arguably one of the biggest sweet tooths ever, yet not a single cake was to our liking. Half of the pieces we tried had this tasteless white frosting that we had to scrape off and none of the cakes were fluffy or rich... so I have been looking up more cake websites. Before we looked at Cakes Extraordinaire and another baker that I can't remember right now, and I just found two more websites of cake places in Maine. One in New England Couture Cakes and the other is called Pink Ladies Classic Desserts. Some cake flavors that sound good are: golden vanilla butter cake with chocolate or vanilla buttercream frosting, chocolate truffle with peanut butter frosting and chocolate ganache filling, red velvet with vanilla buttercream frosting, carrot cake or apple spice with cream cheese frosting and filling, yellow cake iwth chocolate frosting or the dark & moist chocolate cake. These all sound good. Hopefully they taste good also. I sent an email to my mom and Craig with these new websites and preferable flavors. We are going to do more cake tasting over spring break. Hopefully we will like what we taste in March better :-)

No comments: