Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Gar

Gar is one of my very closest friends and a bridesmaid in my wedding. I have known her since I was four, and we have been great friends ever since. I would actually probably get in trouble for calling her Gar online... I might be the only one other than Wes to call her that now (he does because I do). When we were in third grade, Gar, Hawk, and I all played on the same basketball team that my dad coached. Their full names are Laura Garwood and Laura Hawkins. Having two Laura's on a sports team is fairly difficult, especially when you need to get their attention quickly to pass, etc. So they got the names Gar and Hawk, and I don't think I've called them Laura since.

I remember when Gar and I would take walks with orange pops, play dressup (captured all too nicely in many a picture), and sing country songs with Jennie while my dad recorded us on film. We were the three muskateers with Hawk at one point. We dressed in Looney toones tie die tshirts and matching looney toons high tops. We wrote a song, and I think we really thought we would be on TV. We have come a long way since then, but one thing I love about Gar is our friendship never changes. We may not see each other all the time (especially now that she is in school on the East coast), but regardless of what we are doing or how long it has been since we have caught up, she is still one of my very closest friends and we still go on walks. I know she will always be there for me as I will for her, and I can talk to her about anything and everything. I remember when they announced Gar's name at high school graduation. I started crying. Our friendship has meant so much to me!

I am so glad that Gar will be by my side during my wedding, and I can't wait for her to get to spend more time with Wes.

Gar
Gar

the girls
Jane, Hawk, Jennie, and Gar (four of my bridesmaids)

No comments: