Monday, February 12, 2007

This Weekend

This weekend was so fun! I got to spend a lot of time with Wes which, of course, I love! Friday night we had dinner with Travis and Nikita, and then Saturday night we went to Marie Calendars, Golden Spoon (in Torrence... who knew there was one so close? :-) , and then to the movies. It was our first ever alone date to the movies, which I have to say is pretty good for having been together for over two and a half years. We have rented many a movie, but never gone to one in the theater together. Wes' mom, Teri, gave us two free passes at AMC, and we saw the Pursuit of Happiness, which I recommend almost as much as Freedom Writers. We saw Freedom Writers last week with Randy and Teri, and it was sooo good! I don't know if I just found it inspirational because I want to be a teacher and was encouraged by the story, but it was really good. Then, today I had a volleyball game at UCLA which we won. My dad is in town and came to the game. We also got to take a long walk with him and my brother on Saturday. It is so awesome to be spending time with Wes and my family. We have made it a priority to spend time with my family whenever they are out here, which seems to be a lot considering my parents live in Texas, but it is just so great to be able to talk about the wedding together and have everyone's one hundred percent support. My dad is so excited, and I can't tell you what a blessing that is!

This afternoon Wes and I got to play some tennis, go grocery shopping, fix dinner, and watch a movie at my house. I told him tonight that it is so aweosme to be in love because I get to do my absolute favorite thing in the world practically every day... which is to spend time with him (I am cheesy I know, but I mean it). Anyway, I better get some sleep, I have a paper to start working on tomorrow.

Me and Dad
Me and my dad

No comments: