Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Chaser

Chase was going to be a groomsman in our wedding. He had a fatal skateboarding accident on November 9th, and I know that he is dancing the streets of gold in heaven with Jesus, but I miss him. I missed him a lot tonight. I got to talk to his mom this evening who helped Wes to get my engagement ring. Hopefully she will be able to come to Maine with Chase's twin sister, and I think I will see her this weekend. She is going to help me with the bridesmaids jewelry. I love his mom, and I really loved Chaser. He was one of the best friends anyone could ask for. He was Wes' roommate for two years, and I can honestly say he loved people more genuinely than anyone I know. He would cry when you cried and laugh when you laughed. He was the first friend I called when Wes asked me to marry him, and when Wes showed him the ring the night before, he started crying he was so happy for us. His faith was not only the strength of his life, but an encouragement to all those around him. The Lord even used Chase as he lay in the hospital, giving us scriptures through the last email Chaser had sent to his Bible study. Psalm 73:23-28 will forever remind me of Chase and the incredible hope and faith he had in the Lord...how appropriate were those words! It saddens me that Chaser will not be standing next to us on June 23rd, but I have hope and peace in knowing that Chaser is with the Lord he loved more than life, and someday I will stand next to him in heaven. Even still... I miss him.

I miss him!
Chaser

Haug and Chaser
Haug (one of his closest friends) and Chaser... so cute!

Tip of the World
Chaser and Haug on top of the world

Chaser
One of my favorites :-) He loved to dance.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Chase was my cousin through marriage. My cousin Caren married his cousin Vernon Edler IV. I only got to know him during college, but he was an amazing person and it was such a tragedy when he passed. I wish I could have known him better.