Friday, February 16, 2007

Away for the weekend

I won't be seeing Wesley this weekend. I am off to Davis tonight to play in a volleyball tournament with my club team on Saturday and Sunday. We will finally have some really good competition at this tournament I think. We have played a number of games and only lost one to a team that we had beaten before. I think we are really good when we bring our A game, but sometimes you don't know how you will match up against top teams until you play some of them. Hopefully this weekend will be a good test of our abilities.

This morning I worked out with Whitney. We are starting to work out regularly together. It is easier to get in shape when you have a friend to do it with, and she has been an awesome workout partner. I am also going to try to cook sometimes. Whitney is coming over now to make something that can be substituted for dessert: a baked bannana with peanut butter, nuts, honey, and raisins... I think that is the recipe. I will let you know how it goes. I want to learn how to cook more recipes that I can try out on Wes in a few months :-) He doesn't like vegetables, so I am going to try some different ways of preparing them and see if I can't get him to like them. I am so excited to be a wife. Joy said that school doesn't teach women skills for the home anymore. I think either her or Kasey was a home ec major, but I don't think that major is available anymore. There is so much I want to learn, and I am thankful to have older women to teach me. Not only about having a Christ-centered marriage, but also about the basics of being a wife and loving your husband!

No comments: