Sunday, February 25, 2007

Back from Houston

So it was a short but fun weekend. Wes and I arrived inHouston Friday evening. That night my mom had invited over about twenty family friends. We had my mom's famous lasagna and chatted. Wes has met a number of my family's friends in Houston now, but it was really nice for him to meet more people and get to spend more time with those he had already met. We had so much fun hanging out with Jennie and Hawk Friday night as well. They are so sweet, and hanging out with them was yet another reminder of why they are two of my best friends in the world and always will be. They are two of the most loyal, loving, and just plain fun people I know!

Then on Saturday, we spent time at the gym with my brother, Mike, and then we went to my Grandparents house. Grandmother and Pops are getting older, and they don't leave the house much anymore, so it was truly a blessing to get to spend time with them. We ended up getting the majority of the grandkids over at once... it was a really special afternoon. Then we went to a cocktail party hosted by two couples my parents are friends with and Bess, who I feel like I have known forever. They were so sweet to host the event, and again, it was a great opportunity to introduce Wes to a number of people that he hasn't met yet (and some that I hadn't met or hadn't seen in years).

Then Sunday we to church, and then to brunch for my cousin (and maid of honor) Robin's birthday. After brunch we packed up and hopped back on the plane. We went to dinner with Wes' parents when we got into LA and now here I am, back at school.

As far as the wedding plans go, we tasted a cake from another bakery in Maine that they sent to Houston for us this weekend, and though cream cheese pound cake is not exactly a wedding cake, the cake itself was awesome! This gives us hope for this bakery (I forget the name). We will taste other flavors when we are back in Maine in a little over two weeks. We talked a little about details in Houston, but in the next few days, we are going to start getting together appointments for our trip to Maine like a hair-run through, meeting with the florist, full menu tasting, etc. We are also still in the process of figuring out the lodging situation, and we need to start thinking about transportation. Also, Wes and I will hopefully look into getting our wedding rings after spring break in a few weeks, and in the next few days we need to start getting organized and figure out what exactly Wes and the groomsmen will need to wear. It is time to start nailing down some of these details :-)

Then, we are supposed to get together pictures from growing up/ friends/ family for a slide show by the end of this week... here is one I love of me and my brothers when we were little. Also, here is another picture of my brother, Michael, who goes to school with me, and who I will probably mention more in the future. Love him!

brothers
Me, Mike, Richard

Me, Wes, and Mike
Wes, Me, Mike

No comments: