Sunday, February 18, 2007

Back from Davis

So the tournament did not go quite as planned. The first day one of our star outside hitters came down wrong on her knee and tore something. She is on crutches now, and I went from a middle to an outside hitter for the tournament. The line-ups were all new for us, and we were missing a number of players, but that does not excuse our play the second day. We played fairly well Saturday, but this morning was not our best performance. Anyway, next weekend Wes and I go to Houston, and then we have a tournament in Irvine. Then after spring break we have a tournament in Vegas and then Nationals in Kentucky. Hopefully we learn from this weekend and pick it up in the upcoming tournaments.

So Craig (the wedding coordinator) said he will be able to have one of the cake places send a chocolate cake for Wes and I to taste next weekend in Houston. I guess they won't send much, but they will send a chocolate one. Also, Craig found out the Episcopalian priest who will be marrying Wes and me. Dave, our Christian marriage counselor and Wes' brother-in-law's dad, will do the majority of the service, but the church requires the vows to be performed by a preist who is ordained in the Episcopalian denomination.

That's all for right now. Hopefully my dress comes in soon. I ordered it in October, and I think my first fitting is the middle of March. I wasn't given specifics, but Saks is supposed to call when it comes in. I'm excited!

No comments: