Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Kelly and Walker

Wes and I recieved an invitation to a coctail party that my parents' friends are having in our honor a week from Saturday in Houston. It will be a great opportunity for people to meet Wes and get to know him better. My parents are also planning to have a casual dinner at our house that Friday night, and we have invited Kelly and Billy. Kelly was my babysitter/nanny from third grade through high school (not that I needed one through high school :-) She lived above our garage for years, and she is probably the inspiration for my potential teaching career. I want to teach fourth or fifth grade, and no suprise, she's a fourth/fifth grade teacher. I used to go into her classroom and help the students, and I always loved grading papers. I would ask about her kids as I would teach my younger brother on the chalkboard in our hallway. I would sit my dolls in their desks and teach imaginary classes.

Kelly was not only an inspiration when it comes to my future career, but she has also been a great friend. She is now in her thirties and married with one kid, Walker, and another on the way (hopefully a Malory Elizabeth... we used to always pick our favorite baby names, and while mine seem to change yearly, hers has always been the same). I was a bridesmaid in Kelly's wedding, and though I don't think they will be able to make it to Maine with the baby's due date being right around the wedding, they will be missed.

walker
Me and Walker

1 comment:

marissa said...

hey alison. just want you to know how much I enjoy your blog - you seem to have really taken to the medium. happy to see such frequent updates. its well written, personal and also informative. hope you're enjoying this process as well.