Friday, February 23, 2007

Don't know why I am awake

I am waking up to take my brother to the airport at about 3:50 am tomorrow morning. Wes and I are picking him up around 4:15, dropping him off, then going to Wes' parents' house. Hopefully we will get to nap before breakfast. We are getting breakfast with his parents and sister who is still in town with our little Godson. Then we are off to Houston! I am so excited to see my parents, and I am starting to gear up for a lot of socializing. We have a casual dinner Friday night, a coctail buffet in our honor on Saturday night, and a brunch for Rara's birthday on Sunday (my cousin and maid of honor). I can't wait to see her! It has been way too long. Anyway, I don't know why I am awake right now. I am not that tired... probably because I had a craving and just made a bannana boat. They are soo good. Whitney told me the recipe. You slice a bannana in half and coat the insides with peanut butter. Then drizzle raisins, pecan pieces, and coconut. Then drizzle honey on the top and put the halves back together kinda and put it on tinfoil. Then wrap the tinfoil up around the bananna (you can leave the top open), cook on 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, and you have a healthy substitute for dessert! I love sweets, but I am trying to find healthier options. There are a number of other recipes Whitney and I want to try. I will let you know how they go. Hopefully by the time June rolls around I will be better in the kitchen and have a number of good recipes to try out on Wes.

PS. If anyone knows any really great recipes I should learn how to cook for Wesley, do not hestitate to let me know :-) Help is always appreciated!

No comments: