Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Update

I haven't had as much time to write since I have been home. My mom and seem to have a lot of errands to run. Today is our last day here, so we need to finish some details like measure my brother for his tux, take pictures of our plates to post on our website, visit with family who we haven't seen much in the past few days, get alterations done, etc. We have also had big dinners three out of the four nights I have been home. Last night we celbrated my brother's birthday a few days early at our house. My mom is an awesome cook! Hopefully I will learn to cook like her, or at least a little bit like her :-) I tell myself I haven't really learned yet because I don't have people to cook for. Wes and I are quite busy, and we don't seem to have time to cook dinner often if ever. Plus, when you only cook every once in a while, it is expensive because you have to get all the little ingredients that you would already have if you cook more often. So... hopefully once we are married I will have more fun cooking and more time to do it.

I am excited to go to Maine. The highlight might be our cake tasting. We sent seven flavors to the Maine Cakes and Cookies to taste including a normal vanilla butter cake and chocolate cake along with pumpkin cream cheese, carrot, italian cream, maple cinimmin butter, and german chocolate cakes. Hopefully we will have better luck with this place than we did at our last cake tasting... I have high hopes :-) I will probably have more to share when I get back from Maine...

No comments: