Monday, March 26, 2007

Big week

Tomorrow my mom is flying in, and we have a hair appointment to go to at 12 with the guy who will be traveling to the wedding with us followed by my first dress fitting!! Exciting stuff! I am going to stay with my mom Tues and Wed and then she flies back Thurs morning. Also, I passed the test on the US Constitution today that I had to pass before I can turn in my application for a teaching credential program. It was harder than I thought even after studying a little... sure am glad I passed :-) The Lord is good!! Wes had been interviewing a lot for next year. Hopefully we will know what he will be doing before school gets out and the wedding nears, but I don't want him to feel too much pressure which may be inevitable. I know the Lord will provide and that Wes will take care of me. One thing that we have been talking about is making sure we don't take on jobs that require us to spend weekends or any other excess amount of time apart. This year it has been hard because we have been busy almost every weekend (me mostly)... not hard on our relationship, but just hard because we miss each other when we don't get that time on the weekends to just hang out together. A lot of times when we see each other this semester it is in between classes or briefly after he bikes me home from volleyball. It is different when we get the kinda time where we can just sit and enjoy each others company. I remember one Sunday during the summer we both worked in Nicaragua. We laid next to each other on the ground of a room in the house where we lived with a bunch of other volunteers and talked ALL day... I am talking six or seven hours straight. It was one of the best days ever! I remember doing the same thing a few days after we met each other. We played ping-pong and sat and talked from afternoon until after sun-down. That is when you know you really have something great, when no matter how much time you spend with one another, you always want to spend more.... when you can talk for hours and never get bored, when you can just be together and not always need to fill the silence with words. I am so thankful and blessed by Wes! What an amazing time!!

No comments: