Saturday, January 13, 2007

Now 5 1/2 months left!

Wes asked me to marry him on October 13. So far, the planning process has been more fun and less stressful than I expected. We have decided to get married in Maine (meaning my parents and I). I am from Texas, Wes is from California, but I grew up going to Maine every summer. It is like a second home and there is a beautiful old church there that I grew up going to. At first my mom and I were going to try to plan everything ourselves without the help of a planner or coordinater, but as time passed and we realized our lack of knowledge about the services in the area, we signed up with Craig, our new event planner. What a good decision! My mom and I are a little disorganized and don't really know the order in which everything should be accomplished. It is comforting to know there is now a professional on board. My mom and I will be going up to Maine next weekend, and Craig has arranged a cake tasting, menu tasting, meeting with a woman from the Church who will open it up for us (normally just open in June and July), and meetings with two potential florists he recommends. I am looking forward to the trip! So far all the big things are done: the location, the general format of the evening, my dress, the bridesmaid dresses, and the groom and groomsmen attire. Now we get to work on the details. Fun! Sometimes it seems like the wedding is so far off, but the past few months of being engaged have flown by! I can't wait for June 23rd! Then after the wedding, Wes is planning a suprise honeymoon (I am assuming somewhere tropical :-), then we might be heading to my grandparents cabin in the mountains for a week or so before our reception in Houston. What an exciting time!

No comments: