Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My maid of honor, his best man




We have been so blessed by these two! Not only are they incredible friends, but they are family. Robin is my cousin, and Luke is Wes' brother. Two summers ago, Robin came down to Nicaragua with Wes and I to volunteer at an organization the Luke helped found (http://mannaproject.org/Home.asp). We all got to spend time together and became close as a group. Since then it has been so fun to all spend time together...Robin came to their sister, Heather's wedding, Luke came and visited Robin and I with Wes in Houston, etc. Robin is like a sister to me. I have two brother's and so does she, so we serve as the sisters we didn't have. She is such an encouragement to me. Luke is now in medical school in Mexico and we don't get to see him as much as we would like, but we got to spend about three weeks with him over Christmas in South Africa which was so much fun! I am so glad to have the overwhelming support of these two and to know that they will be standing next to us come June 23rd. They are the best! (Luke is the one with the blue shirt and the other picture is of Robin and I when we were litte. Robin is on the right...so cute with her bowl cut :-)

No comments: