Monday, April 16, 2007

Been a while...

So Nationals for volleyball was such a good time. My team really played well together and we won our first five matches on Thursday and Friday, but then we lost first round on Saturday in the gold bracket, leaving us 9th out of 60 teams. It was kinda a bummer because we lost 27-25, 25-23 to Purdue. We were up 8 pts in the first game and then they came back and beat us. They made it to the semi-finals and just barely lost to University of Texas who beat Marquet but a lot! in the finals. We could have definately played with all the teams there so it was too bad to get knocked out so early on Saturday, but my team was so happy to have played well as a team that we were ok with the results. All the seniors started crying, myself included, and even our coach teared up a little saying how proud he was to have been our coach. It was a pretty special time with the team, and I am really going to miss the girls.

As for the wedding, the days are counting down. I think we are now at 9 weeks, around 68 days according to our website countdown! Hopefully we will get the invitations out soon. I guess they are still at the printer. We also have to start figuring out details like transportation and where everyone will stay, what the schedule will be when everyone is there, and other final details. My last dress fitting is in two weeks along with my second make-up and hair run throughs. Exciting stuff!

Now for the last few weeks of school... I have some catching up to do, but not much time left! I can't wait for the next phase of life. Who knows exactly what that will look like yet (in school, having a job?, etc.), but I am so excited!

No comments: