Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Fun week!

So I know that I have a final and paper due soon, but the past few days have been packed full of fun time with family and friends. I did get some studying done today, but hopefully the next few days will allow more focused study time :-) So this past weekend my cousin/maid of honor Rara came to visit me. It was so refreshing to see her and just spend time catching up. I miss her when she is gone! We went to the beach, spent time with her good friend Mitchell, and went to Displace Me, an event put on by Invisible Children in order to raise awareness about the genocide going on in Africa. Then we both went to my kitchen shower put on by Wes' mom and sister and a good friend of ours. My mom and grandmother flew in Sunday as well for the shower. It was so fun. It was an interactive cooking lesson during which we prepared the dinner that we ended up eating. Wes was super happy to hear that Teri's good friends chipped in to buy us an awesome grill. It is surreal to be getting gifts that will adorn our new home in a week or two. It seems as though time is passing quicker than normal these days :-)

I have been staying with my mom and grandmother in their hotel for the past few days. Today my mom and I had hair appointments with the guy who will be doing my hair for the wedding, and tomorrow is my last dress fitting. My grandmother has never seen my dress (no one has except my mom and other grandparents by picture), and I am excited for her to be here to experience this time with us. Wes met us for breakfast this morning, and last night we all had dinner (Wes and my brother Mike included) with a second cousin Mimi who I haven't seen in a long time and her new husband, Nick. It has really been a fun week, but I am missing my love since I am not staying at school right now and only get to see him briefly. He was gone this past weekend as well with his fraternity brothers on a farm doing guy things like dirt bike racing, flying, and looking for boars to hunt. I have to say, I am glad that I was excluded from the guy trip this time. I am sometimes tempted to join in for things like the upcoming Olympics, or a competition including most every sport you can think of, but as for the farm, I am glad I was with Rara :-)

Anyway, I am busy as ever, and I can't wait as always for June 23rd which is going to be here before I know it!

Here is a picture from the shower:

me and mom
me and mom

No comments: